1996 - The Year in Review
It?s the start of a new year. It seems appropriate to look back at the many fine events that your club hosted or participated in throughout 1996. We strive for a balanced mix of track, social, driving, show, and technical events. We hope you agree that we did pretty good in 1996. Let?s take a look:
Gary Thieltges? beautiful 1958 250 GT Ellena Coupe at the Newport Beach Concours d?Elegance
- Party at the Penske Museum
- General Meeting at ?Hot Rods by Boyd?
- ?Wash and Wax? Technical Session at Ogner Motorcars
- Ferrari Day at the Track with Ogner Motorcars
- Viewing of Don Weber?s Car Collection
- Track event at Phoenix International Raceway
- Pacific Palisades Ferrari Show and Street Fair
- Palos Verdes Concours d?Elegance
- Temecula Winery Ride and Drive
- Picnic at Skeets and Sharon Dunns with Goldfeder Gala BBQ
- Huntington Beach Concours d?Elegance
- Le Cercle Concours d?Elegance
- General Meeting at Ferrari of Beverly Hills with F50 technical presentation
- Ride and Drive with the Porsche Club of America
- Monterey Historics and FCA National Concours d?Elegance
- Track event for Ferraris and Porsches with Ogner Motorcars
- Santa Barbara Concours d?Elegance
- Tustin Thunder Road Races
- South Coast Botanic Gardens Picnic
- Virginia City Hillclimb
- Festa Italia
- Slide Show and Dinner with Phil Hill at Ogner Motorcars
- General Meeting at Coachworks
- VARA Palm Springs Road Races
- Ride and Drive to Furnace Creek
- FOC/SCCSCC Slalom
- 456GTA Introduction at Ferrari of Beverly Hills
- Palm Springs Swim and BBQ
And, a whole host of FCA/Alfa Time Trials and Races at Willow Springs and Buttonwillow raceway park, as well as two FCA/Alfa Driver?s Schools at the Streets of Willow. In fact, we will soon know whom the Ferrari Class Champion for the year is and with offer an article in the next issue summarizing the year?s track events.
Joel Quaid sells our racing program at the Santa Barbara Concours with his ?They?re Made to Be Driven!....? theme.
This is absolutely amazing list of events when you consider that we work in a non-profit mode with a fully volunteer organization. We hope you?ve taken advantage of at least some of this past year?s events and that you?ll give a little something back to the club by maybe offering some help to make sure next year is just as action packed. It will be!
Bill Inglis, Don Meder, Tino Mingori, and Cy Yedor discuss book on Cy?s racing career during meeting at Coachworks.
Mr. Buitoni and Mr. Letta from Ferrari North America at introduction of the 456 GT Automatic in Beverly Hills.
A portion of John and Connie Thayer?s Santa Barbara Brunch at the Biltmore Hotel.
Miss Italia 1995 at the Festa Italia, wearing what color but... Rosso Corsa, of course!
Bob Magaha (from Meguiars), Sam Douglas (Formula One driver), and Del Bowman (Ferrari Mechanic) at Laguna Seca.